classes

monday
9:30-10:30 am Beginners, Satsang Yoga, Westfield
11-12:15 pm Yoga and Movement, private studio, Westfield

tuesday
9:30-10:45 am 4 Week Strength series (Fall 2018), private studio Westfield 11:15-12:30 Gentle Yoga and Movement, private studio Westfield

wednesday
9-10:15 am Yoga and Movement, private studio, Westfield
1:30-2:15 pm Gentle Chair Yoga, Cranford Senior Center, Cranford (private group)

thursday
1-2 pm Yoga and Movement, private studio Westfield

saturday
9-10:15 am Yoga and Movement, private studio, Westfield
 

upcoming workshops

Move Smarter, Feel Better
Saturday October 13, 2-4pm, Devotion 360 Hoboken NJ

This workshop will introduce you to a diverse set of movement practices including joint mobility and strengthening exercises, active stretching, somatic work, corrective exercise, diaphragmatic breathing and therapy ball self-massage. Learn how to re-educate your neuromuscular system enabling you to move, feel and breathe with greater freedom, reduced pain and a sense of empowerment that you can move (literally) through life without limitation.

 

 

Core Connection
Saturday November 3, 2-4pm, Devotion 360, Hoboken NJ

Learn why having a strong core isn't about having a flat stomach (and why a flat stomach may not even be ideal!) but IS about how well you can mobilize and activate the muscles of your trunk to support your movement and optimize your breathing for greater well-being. We'll use a mix of yoga asana, self-massage, breath work and dynamic movement to give you a deeper connection to the role of your core in your yoga practice and day to day life.

 
roll reset

Love Your Low Back
Saturday November 17, 2-4pm, Devotion 360, Hoboken NJ

Whether you’re part of the 80% of the population who has suffered from chronic low back pain at some point in your life or you’re hoping to stay in the other 20%, this workshop is for you. We’ll explore the dynamic of the lumbar spine and how it connects down the kinetic chain through the hips, legs and feet, as well up the kinetic chain through the thoracic spine, shoulders and neck. Through therapy ball self-massage, lots of fun exploratory movement and yoga pose variations you’ll walk away with a better understanding of how strengths and weaknesses along that chain can impact mobility and well-being of the lumbar spine.